Yum yum yum! I was so excited when I broke open the seal to my December Birchbox to
reveal a set of Incoco® Nail Polish Appliqué, a disgustingly cute sized sample of Jouer Moisturizing Lip Gloss in hot pink (specifically Birchbox Pink - created just for BB!), BY TERRY Hyaluronic Face Glow, EBOOST Orange Natural Energy Booster, Showstoppers® Designer Fashion Tape, and a sample of kate spade new york Twirl!
My Incoco Nail Strips came in zebra, so I'm super excited to try them out, for NYE perhaps?? As for the rest of the samples, I'm also excited to try the Hyaluronic Face Glow, being a cross between a primer and a light foundation, it is made up of "Whipped hyaluronic acid molecules - a proven skin-smoothing ingredient - work to erase pores, lines, and blemishes."
Don't know if it's age, or growing a meticulousness about my appearance, but this face isn't as flawless as I once thought it was, so I am ready for some miracle primer/foundation.
No doubt you'll hear more about this box once I try everything!
On another note, I wanted to introduce a very creative and unconventional twist on Birchbox, called Umba Box. Launched in September 2011, Umba Box provides a unique relationship between subscribers and artisans who put so much love and care into their hand-made products. With a $26 monthly subscription, Umba Box will send you one carefully selected, hand-made product in the categories of "home goods, women's accessories, jewelry, stationary, and bath products" per month. Think of Etsy.com hand picking one product from their many brilliant shops and plopping it on your doorstep monthly.
How exciting! You can subscribe for 1, 3, 6, or 12 months. If you're running a little late on a Christmas present, this may be a great choice ;). Also if you're an artisan yourself, you can fill out a quick questionnaire to apply to have your hand made goods be featured in a future shipment.
With Christmas being on Sunday, I wanted to provide a list of easy, and quick gifts to purchase for those ladies (and possibly men) in your life.
In this case, "easy and quick" = online shopping! Which coincides with the two subscriptions I've featured above! (Clever, aren't I?!)
Here is a short list of ideas:
1. Groupon.com - Ladies and Gents, Groupon isn't new to most of us, so I don't need to explain the utter brilliance of this website. Get your guy or gal a gift card to groupon.com so they can pick up the next half off mani/pedi deal, or sky diving trip decked out with video and champagne prior to the diving (made that up), or Justin Beiber singing toothbrush (did NOT make that up, check it out here). The possibilities are endless!
2. Livingsocial Deals - The name explains it all, check out fun deals that get you out into your city trying that tiny gem of a restaurant on the corner where that one bum always hangs out. Another great website to get you and your friends out and about - to the right places - and at a good price!
3. Daily Candy Deals - Daily Candy Deals focuses on allowing their readers opportunities to explore their city (similar to Groupon and Living Social - but a tad girlier and trendier). Deals from local businesses (and online/non local businesses) give readers 40-70% off services or products to enjoy - or give as a gift (pssst, that's you!) This site is one of my FAVORITES.
4. Birchbox.com - For the girl out there who wants to explore beauty products, who's the queen of face, or for the girl who can never find the right foundation - a subscription to this site is both helpful and exciting. I mean, who doesn't want 5 beauty samples at their door once a month?
5. Umbabox.com - Details above! :) Get that girl who appreciates hand-made pieces the ultimate gift surprise!
6. Etsy.com - Although you can't quite get a gift card to the entire website (would be a GRAND day if and when that day arrives), you can still choose a lovely and unique item for your darling gal. If she has an etsy.com account, check out her favorite-d items and purchase away! I think she'll forgive you for a late present - as long as you show her a picture of what you chose!
7. Ruelala.com - Boutique's of high end brands in fashion, accessories, footwear, home, travel, wine, gourmet food, local services and more - at a discount price! Who could resist?
8. Myhabit.com - Run by Amazon.com, Myhabit is another apparel, house ware, accessory, shoes, goodness- you name it - deal website. Pick up an actual gift card for Myhabit.com here. (You can have it emailed, mailed, printed or even facebook-ed to your lucky recipient)
9. Opensky.com - Recruiting 80 of the best people in fashion, food, design and health, this website features products hand picked by each expert - who then shares the product with you at a discounted price. As a member (free membership) you have the ability to subscribe to specific experts whether you want a focus of fashion (apparel, jewelry, footwear), food (cook and kitchen ware, dining packages), or a mix of all provided - you get my point, you will be charmed by products that are loved and suggested by the best! Experts include Andrew Zimmerman, Bobby Flay, Jeannie Mai, Kristin Cavallari, Alicia Silverstone, Padma Lakshmi, Jackie Warner - and lots lots more. Another FAVORITE of mine.
10. Joyus.com - Does an amazing job with "harnessing" (totally quoted from their site) videos to showcase products they are selling, and awesome gift ideas for any person in your life. As another limited time-boutique website, this is by far the most descriptive and informational, so that you can see your future product/gift in action!
Merry Christmas, Friends! Happy Gifting!!!