Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Apple Cider Vinegar

Apple Cider Vinegar is a product made from pulverized apples which is then fermented into alcohol and eventually into vinegar. Known for it's various uses such as an ingredient in salad dressings to a number of home remedies, Apple Cider Vinegar definitely grabbed my attention - and I wanted to try it out!



Some more popular benefits include balancing your pH alkaline levels, clearing acne, treating warts, aiding in weight loss, use as an aftershave, teeth whitening and so much more.

Can you guess which two sounded great for me?

 I, am SO excited that my skin is actually more prone to acne now - long after I've passed my teenage years where I was blessed with rare cases of acne. I really don't understand it. Even after switching up my daily facial regimen nothing has really helped!

With weight loss, and understanding that with my height and my BMI - I need to be 10 pounds lighter to be at my ideal weight. With that said, I am by all means not expecting natural remedies like Apple Cider Vinegar to do the trick, but I figure that it can't hurt as a layer on top of a better diet and consistent exercise.

I wanted to share with you my journey so far with ACV. I bought Trader Joe's Organic ACV, and have also seen the majority of women use Bragg's ACV. The way I integrate ACV into my daily routine is by mixing:

1 tablespoon of ACV
8 ounces of water
1-2 teaspoons of honey or agave

I drink that concoction about 30 minutes before eating lunch and dinner. Everyone cringes at the thought of ingesting ACV, but honestly it tastes like sour apple juice. You do have to be careful in fully diluting the ACV with water or tea because remember - it is acidic and will burn going down the hatch.

I started this routine about 2 weeks ago, and for the first couple days felt slightly bloated, and seemed to need to pee more often. After that, I have seen my weight lighten up an average of 1-2 pounds, which may be due to the running I've been doing to train for my marathon (I hit 10 miles this weekend! :)) - BUT, I haven't made any changes to my diet. I'm going to keep at it for the next 2 weeks to total a month, and will let you know how this goes! :)

I haven't started using ACV as a facial toner, but think I will start. The general directions are mixing 1 part ACV with 2 parts water and dabbing it all over your face with a cotton ball.

Want to hear how else you can use ACV? Check out some articles here, here, and here.

Has anyone else had success with ACV? Please share!! I'd love to hear your experiences!

I do want to warn that as with any natural product, all of the uses are considered home remedies and you have to understand the risks of consuming anything in excess- so make sure to be safe with ACV 
and any product!
Ta-ta!




4 comments:

  1. I drink ACV too, Eunice!! Personally, it makes me feel better because I'm more regular (TMI? sorry.) lol but seriously, that's how you rid all the waste and stuff, right?!

    I tried it as a toner for awhile, but the smell was getting to the people around me so I stopped.

    Let us know how it works for you!

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victoria! OMG NO TMI!! Hahah thats totally how I feel too!! It's amazing the difference I feel drinking it?? Hahaha

      OMG NO!! Haha so maybe it's more of a toner before bed kind of thing?? Thank you SO much for sharing with me! I'm excited to see how this goes!! :)

      Delete
    2. Haha, yeah probably before bedtime thing. I thought the smell went away, but some people are just so sensitive. Hah!

      Delete
  2. Hey Girlie! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love yours!! :) I'd love for us to follow each other!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, so please feel free to leave any comments, questions, and suggestions! Or just a little love. Love is nice too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...