Monday, April 8, 2013

The Extreme Fat Smash Diet

It is safe to say that every year, I struggle with an aging metabolism and an ever growing love for tasty and fattening food. My life revolves around food. My weight constantly yo-yo's (more towards the increasing side) and I eat emotionally - when I'm happy, excited, stressed, and sad. Socially, I eat to celebrate, comfort and experience.

I'm not alone in this obsession. I am blessed to live in America. And even more blessed to have the company of close friends and family who also happen to be fellow food indulgers. But how do we stay healthy, in good shape, harvest great self confidence AND enjoy ourselves through our tummies?

Clearly, I'm not the expert on this but as I realize that it was yesterday that I should be in my best shape,  the best most vague and annoying word to answer this question would be: BALANCE.

Therefore, I am here to announce that I'm 7 days into the Extreme Fat Smash Diet by Dr. Ian Smith (Most recognized for his dietary expertise on VH1's Celebrity Fit Club, as a medical correspondent for NBC and a medical contributor for The View and The Rachael Ray Show.)

Here's a summary of the diet:

- In 3 weeks, you are projected to lose 12 pounds
- Includes a very specific daily meal and exercise plan (I'm talking every single day)
- You eat 4 meals a day + 2 (under 100 calorie) Snacks
- You do 55-75 minutes of cardio, 6 days a week (the 7th day is optional)
- Your diet consists of a low fat, high fiber and low glycemic index foods.

The diet also allows customization based on body and metabolism type. For example, I'm a type Beta - who needs to follow the diet and exercise plan precisely and also eat less and exercise more than type Alpha - who has a high metabolism and can yield results easily.

Results of course are based on how closely you follow the diet and exercise instructions, and also the efforts you make to maintain the weight loss. In 2008, I did this diet and lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks. I was also much younger with a faster metabolism, and it's clear that 5 years later, I didn't maintain the weight loss.

So, here I am again! Attempting the diet and hoping for the best results :). I am losing weight to live a healthy lifestyle, to gain more energy, and simply be proud of how I look.  I'll be sharing my oh, so exciting weight loss journey here!

The first week is the toughest week on this diet - eating an average of 1,000 calories a day and also hitting the gym every single day. I will admit, I literally felt like I had junk food withdrawals and did partake in 3 cheat meals as the weekend came upon me, but I'm feeling good and am happy to share that…

 I've lost a total of 2 pounds.
That's 2 less pounds of what I was hoping to lose, but this just motivates me more to stick closer to the prescribed diet, work harder during cardio sessions and aim for the best for my next weigh in :)


Hahaha, here's to this EXTREME Fat Smash Diet and a healthier future! :)

Toodles,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please feel free to leave any comments, questions, and suggestions! Or just a little love. Love is nice too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...