Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Dancers Among Us

On Sunday afternoon, I spent some time at the bookstore and being intrigued by the art of dance, picked up Dancers Among Us to flip through.

What I discovered was Jordan Matter's talented representation of the human body's ability to tell a story. The book is filled with photos of dancers frozen in poses in everyday activities such as work, play, and emotional instances like grieving.

I literally flipped through the whole book, and despite that, would still love to have this book on my coffee table to escape into.

The photos are breath taking, sweet, and sometimes mind boggling of real dancers (many you may have seen before in performances and movies), taken by Jordan Matter himself. Here are a few of my favorites.










You can find more photos at www.dancersamongus.com | Follow Jordan Matter on his blog: http://blog.jordanmatter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please feel free to leave any comments, questions, and suggestions! Or just a little love. Love is nice too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...