Friday, April 13, 2012

Rainy Day Play

Rainy days used to be my biggest nightmare. Soaked flare leg jeans, damp socks, lack of sunshine and most of all, the sky crying. (Circa 2001, okay? When bellbottoms came back into style!)

Over the years, I've grown to LOVE rainy days. I actually look forward to using an umbrella, wearing my uggs (twice a year in SoCal), and most of all - hiding from the rain and being cozy inside.


Rainy days are my excuse to impulse grocery shop before the storm to buy whatever goodies I would like. Yesterday's list included, cinnamon buns, a new tea to try, sharp cheddar cheese for grilled cheese sandwiches, hot pot ingredients, caramel popcorn, and 50% off Easter candy. A rainy day also gives me a "get out of the gym free" card as I prep the spot on the couch that I'm going to inhabit for the next 24 hours.

Here are 5 things I tend to do on a rainy day:

1. Spend the evening making a recipe that I've been meaning to try - no matter how complicated! (This also requires gathering ingredients during my impulse grocery shopping bonanza)

2. Revisit my favorite movies, even if it means dusting off the trusty old VCR!

3. Rainy days always make me feel a little creative, the first blank palette that comes to mine is usually my nails. If I could host a nail polish party for my girlfriends every rainy day - life would be complete!

4. Closet cleaning can always be a drag, especially if you're like me. But with a couple hours indoors, your BFF and possibly a glass of wine - I can usually get through purging, assessing and organizing! Check out Kendi's Working Closet Instructions. (I especially love the wine bottle tip for your boots!)

5. Something about rain brings out the bookworm in me, and the bookworm in me needs to get to finishing the multiple books I've started but haven't finished! A rainy day is a great chance to cuddle up in a blanket with a hot cup of tea and get to readin'!

What are your favorite things to do on a rainy day?

Have a wonderful and safe weekend! :)

1 comment:

  1. Eunice, your blog is so cute! I love this, how have I not seen it until now? I am slow, I guess :) How are you?
    -Julie

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, so please feel free to leave any comments, questions, and suggestions! Or just a little love. Love is nice too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...